About the Event
The second edition of the show was scheduled to be held from 26th – 28th November 2020. However in view of the current COVID-19 Pandemic situation, the North East Food Show 2020 has now been postponed to the later part of 2021. Building upon the experiences and industry feedback about the 2019 show, the second edition of the North East Food Show 2021 (dates to be announced) promises to be an even better experience and make good its vision and objective of being the region’s premier dedicated B2B platform that is aimed at marrying the best of the North East with the best of the food and food processing world and is a not to be missed opportunity for the National & International Markets to connect with local producers and entrepreneurs from the North-East.
In keeping with the above and to continue the conversation around the business of food, a series of virtual business meets, webinars and workshops titled “Did you know …………………..” touching on different verticals of the food industry with national and global participation and leading to the NEFS 2021 will be launched from the 15th December of 2020.
Objectives of the North-East Food Show
- Providing a platform for the North East Agro and Food Processing industry to tap national and global markets through intensive focus on networking and business relationship development.
- Invite intellectual, technological and financial investments into the region so as to not only facilitate and induce growth of the local food processing industry but also give to such industries the opportunity to elevate their products and services to global standards through collaborations with national/global processing, packaging units and industry experts to bring about innovative changes in the entire food value chain.
- Introduce North East buyers, entrepreneurs and markets to innovative food products, latest technologies and global best practices.
- Linking Producers directly to end consumers like Restaurants/ Hotels/ Processing Companies / Wholesalers / Traders, etc for enhancing economic growth and increasing rural income.
- Highlight the unique cuisines and ingredients of the region through the introduction of a new vertical of Gastronomic tourism to the SIAL portfolio with focus on linking sustainable food production to responsible tourism with spillover effects on the farming community that produces these ingredients.
- Become the must go-to holistic platform for “North East Food Business” covering all verticals of the food industry and the entire gamut of the “Farm to Fork” value chain.