ALL APPLICANTS TO CONTACT THIS NUMBER FOR FURTHER DETAILS :- +919863089487
CHEF WARS STATION
|11:30 AM – 2:00 PM||Semi Final 1(10 Professionals)||2.5 hours – 2 course menu with accompaniment.
Option of 1 starter or desert.
Main course is manadatory
|11:30 AM – 1:30 PM||Semi Final 2(10 Amateurs)||2.5 hours – 2 course menu with accompaniment.
Option of 1 starter or desert.
Main course is manadatory
|11:30 AM – 2:00 PM||Finals (5 Professionals,5 Amateurs)||3 hours – 3 course menu|
|2:00 AM – 3:00 PM||Judging|
Chef Wars Registration
THE NORTH-EAST FOOD SHOW CHEF WARs
COMPETITION RULES 2019
The North-East Food Show will host a platform for Chefs to showcase their culinary skills at the “North-East Food Show Chef Wars 2019”
The initiative consists of an opportunity for Chefs from all over the country to showcase unique dishes made with indigenous ingredients. The registration will be launched on the 11th of November 2019 and closes on the 30th of November 2019.
These rules will be available on www.northeastfoodshow.com. All participants are invited to carefully read these rules: in participating in the initiative, participants declare to have understood and accepted all the terms set forth herein.
- Purpose of NEFS Chef Wars
- The purpose of the initiative is to support the principles of the culture of good food in the North-East, through a project that aims at showcasing how local & indigenous ingredients can be incorporated into cotemporary & unique dishes to celebrate the array of food products in the North-East.
- Timeline: Registration opens on the 11th of November 2019 and closes on the 30th November 2019
2.1 To participate, candidates must register at: www.northeastfoodshow.com
- For the purposes of the definition of “Shortlist”, of the identification of Local Finalists and the Winner of the Finale, the initiative will be divided into the following 4 phases:
- Online Registration (Phase 1): 11.11.2019 – 30.11.2019
- Selection of the “Shortlist”: 01.12.2019, Identification (and notification) of participants selected for the “Shortlist” of up to 20 participants. [10 (Professional Category] / 10 [Amateur Category]]
- Chef Wars Semi-Finals: 20 Finalists on the Shortlist will cook for the Judging Panel between 04.12.2019-05.12.2019 [10 Finalists from the Professional Category & 10 from the Amateur Category]
- From the 10 participants, 5 from Professional & Amateur Category each will be selected to cook in the “Grand Finale”
- “Grand Finale Cooking” for the Judging Panel with 5 Finalists from the Shortlist is scheduled for the date 06.12.2019
- The winner of the North-East Food Show Chef Wars 2019 [Professional / Amateur Category] will be announced at the Chief Ministers’ Gala Dinner on 6th November 2019.
2.3 Event dates and locations may change: any change will be published on www.northeastfoodshow.com and communicated directly to participants.
3.1 Participation in this initiative is open exclusively to Chefs who meet the following requirements
- Experience: Professional chefs are those who are working in a Hotel Industry/ Catering Industry as a Chef. Minimum age of 18 years.
- Experience: Amateur Chefs are those who are engaged in cooking as a hobby and have passion for cooking rather than for financial benefits.
- Each chef may apply with atleast one Signature Dish.
- It is the responsibility of each participant to obtain the consent of his or her employer, where such consent is required in order to participate. By participating in the initiative, each participant shall ensure to have obtained the above consent, or to not be required to obtain it.
3.2 Phase 1: Online Registration – 11.11.2019-30.11.2019
3.2.1 To compete Chefs possessing the requirements indicated above must register online by completing the form available on the Site.
3.2.2 The form must be completed in English:
- Contact Information- Name, Address, Telephone Number, Email (required)
- Current Workplace (e.g., Name, Address, Telephone) (required)
- Current Job Title (required)
- For Amateur Chefs – please provide a short personal profile of your cooking experience.
- Digital references and links (e.g. website, social media pages) (optional)
3.2.3 Work History and Signature Dish Information, need to be attached as files:
- An updated CV with personal references and the description and/or recipe for his or her “Signature Dish”
- Photos of the “Signature Dish” (min. one (1) – max. three (3))
- Details of Signature Dish for Registration Form:
- The “Signature Dish” may be a first or second course. “Snack items” and desserts are not permitted.
- The recipe must include the following information: name of the recipe, dish type (first, second course), ingredients and quantity, how many people the recipe serves, method of preparation, preparation time, cooking time, and serving method.
3.2.4 Candidates must also answer the following mandatory questions in English:
- “How would you describe your own cooking style? Be brave. Be truthful.”
- “What are your trying to express with your Signature Dish?”
- “Describe 2 or 3 cooking trends you see in India currently. How do they influence you, if they influence you?”
3.2.5 The Organizers may not be held responsible in the event that the information provided for participation and/or the contact information is incorrect or inaccurate. The Organizers reserves the right, at any time, to check the validity of participant information and to request any information it deems necessary to verify the statements made during registration, and to proceed with the disqualification of participants who violated of these rules.
3.3 Phase 2: Selection of the Shortlist – 26.11.2019 – 01.12.2019
3.3.1 A panel of Expert chefs will act as judges (“Chef Panel”) for the Chef Wars. They are independent from The Organizers. In Phase 2, they will define a shortlist of a maximum of 10 Chefs from each category [Professional / Amateur] to compete in the Semi-Finals.
3.3.2 The selection process be managed by the Chef Panel, which will, at its discretion, rely on the support of a local professional expert or entity.
- For the purposes of the definition of the Shortlist, applications will be evaluated according to the following criteria, each of which will be assigned a score by the members of Chef Panel, for a maximum total of 75 points for each Chef Panel Member. The opinion of the Chef Panel is final.
- CHEF SKILLS (10 points): Ability to work with raw materials and turn them into a dish that respects their original essence and the season.
- INGREDIENTS (10 points): Ability to select the best ingredients that the market can offer in terms of quality, freshness and uniqueness, in order to achieve an excellence of taste.
- GENIUS (10 points): Ability to explore new, challenging, and innovative perspectives in relation to the culture of fine cuisine with a personal and contemporary style, while maintaining a balance of tastes.
- AESTHETICS (10 points): Dish presentation, giving an aesthetic enhancement of its contents
- STATEMENT (10 points): from Candidate Questions- “What are your trying to express with your Signature Dish?”
- CANDIDATE QUESTIONS
- STYLE (15 points): “How would you describe your own cooking style? Be brave. Be truthful.
- TRENDS (10 points): Describe 2 or 3 cooking trends you see in India currently. How do they influence you, if they influence you?”
3.3.4 The shortlisted candidates will be determined based on the sum of the scores assigned to each candidate for each of the above criteria, who will then proceed to the next phase of the NEFS Chef Wars. Only selected candidates from each respective shortlist will be notified by phone and/or email by The Organizers. Their names will also be published on the Site and on the NEFS Social Media Page.
3.4 Phase 3- NEFS Chef Wars Semi-Finals – 04.12.2019 – 05.12.2019
3.4.1 The Semi-Finals will take place during Phase 3 for each of the 10 Candidates, with 5 Finalists from each category [Professional / Amateur] being chosen for the Grand Finale.
3.4.2 During the Semi-Finals, Chefs will be required to cook from a “Black Box” of ingredients selected by the Chef Panel. The Chef Panel will only announce in advance whether there will be 2 Black Boxes (i.e., 2 courses) or 1 Black Box (1 course only).
3.4.3 The Chef Panel will announce on the day or days of the Semi-Finals the preparation time and permitted cooking time.
3.4.4 The Chef Panel will taste the dishes of each of the chefs and judge them on the basis of the criteria mentioned below, giving a score between 1 and 30 points for each criterion, for 100 points total, for each member of the Chef Panel.
- DRESS & PERSONAL HYGIENE (10 points): clean and pressed chef coat, with apron, hat and appropriate kitchen shoes. Chefs should be clean and showered, with good personal hygiene.
- CHEF SKILLS (20 points): Points are awarded based on the correct preparation of food, corresponding to today’s modern culinary art. Preparation should be practical, and use appropriate cooking techniques.
- INGREDIENT GENIUS (20 points): How did the chef assemble the Black Box ingredients together to form a cohesive, creative dish?
- AESTHETICS & STATEMENT (10 points): Dish presentation, giving an aesthetic enhancement of its contents. “What are you trying to express with your dish?” What sort of flair and panache do you bring to your dish?
- T3 (30 points): Taste, texture, temperature. A chef’s livelihood depends on producing and executing the best taste and texture for customers. Do the specified major ingredients carry the dominant flavors? Do the components fit together? Are the temperatures correct? Do the textures reflect the cooking technique? Is there a “WOW” factor?
- JUDGE PANELIST OPINION (20 points): The opinion of each chef on the panel about how the chef brings his or her “game” (his or her very best skills and creativity) and puts the “whole picture together”.
3.4.5 Based on the sum of the scores assigned to each candidate for each of the above criteria, the Chef Panel will select 5 Finalists from each category [Professional / Amateur] for the Grand Finale. The Finalists will be published on the Site.
3.5 The NEFS Chef Wars Grand Finale – 06.12.2019
3.5.1 During the Finale, the 5 Finalists from each category [Professional / Amateur] will once again face a challenging Black Box Competition of either 1 or 2 courses. The voting system will mirror the 100-point system from the Semi-Finals, with the possibility of a special surprise guest added to the Chef Panel.
3.5.2 Based on the sum of the scores obtained by each Finalist, a classification will be made, and first place will be given to the highest ranked Chef from each category [Professional / Amateur]
- During the Chief Minister’s Gala Dinner, the winner will be announced! The winner will earn the title of “NEFS Chef Wars 2019”, for each category [Professional / Amateur]
3.5.3 Results of the Finale will be published on the NEFS Site as well as on its Social Media pages after the date of the event.
- PUBLISHED MATERIAL
4.1 Content sent with the application must not contain images that are deemed offensive or contrary to public morals (vulgar, violent scenes, illegal activities, discriminatory in terms of religion or race etc.) that in any way violate the rights of third parties, present defamatory content, invade the privacy of others or violate copyrights.
4.2 The Organizers reserves the right to moderate, reject or disqualify any participation that, in its opinion, is deemed to be indecent, offensive, inappropriate, is contrary to the spirit of this initiative, or can potentially be detrimental to the Organizers, the Chef Panel, the NEFS Chef Wars or the image or reputation of a third party. If a candidate selected in the Shortlist or Semi-Finals undertakes anti-social or inappropriate activities in conjunction with the Semi-Finals or Grand Finale, The Society reserves the right to disqualify and/or implement any action deemed necessary in defense of its rights and principles.
4.3 All materials submitted for participation must be original.
4.4 By participating in the contest, each participant declares and confirms:
- that the contributions (materials/recipes) submitted are original and that they do not violate copyrights and/or trademarks and/or industrial rights and/or image rights or any other rights of commercial, intellectual and/or industrial exploitation of any natural or legal person;
- that he/she will fully indemnify and hold The Organizers and Chef Panel and their successors harmless from any and prejudicial consequence, cost or damage that may result from a breach of this declaration and warranty. In particular, the participant will defend and fully indemnify the promoter from damages (including costs) that the latter is called upon to pay to third parties as a result of:
- an action or warning based on the fact that the mere possession or use of the content by the promoter, violates or is in breach of copyright, trademark, patent rights, know-how, invention rights, image rights and any other exclusive rights of third parties;
- any damages or loss caused by the publication of content deemed offensive or contrary to public morals (profanity, violent scenes, illegal activities, etc.).
4.5 Materials may only be sent electronically. Any materials sent by other means will not be taken into consideration.
4.6 Images and recipes sent, as well as the names and images of participants and the shooting of photos/videos of anticipated events (Semi-Finals, Grand Finale), that depict the participants and their recipes will be used at the discretion of the Organizers to promote the NEFS Chef Wars and any product or service offered by The Organizers, connected with the Contest, through any means of distribution and for an unlimited period of time, without The Organizers having to provide any remuneration to the participants.
4.7 By submitting his or her content, participants waive any right to said content (the right is hence given to the promoter) and may not request any financial compensation for potential future use. Content must be free from copyright and will not be returned.
4.8 Participants will also be involved in potential promotional and advertising initiatives connected to local events and the Finale.
- General Terms & Conditions
5.1 This document includes all the information required for participation in the NEFS Chef Wars. In taking part in it, participants accept all the clauses contained herein.
5.2 Employees of The Organizers may not participate, nor may their immediate family members and all those who are involved in the production and management of this initiative. Family members of the Chef Panel are excluded from the NEFS Chef Wars.
5.3 Participation in the Semi-Finals and the Grand Finale and winning the title at stake are not transferable and have no economic value.
5.4 The Organizers does not assume any liability for damages or losses incurred by the participant as a result of participation in this initiative, subject to the responsibility of The Organizers in the event of death or injury suffered by the participant due to any form of negligence of The Organizers itself.
5.5 The Organizers cannot be held responsible for any technical problems, human error or unauthorized interventions that may affect the proper registration on the site, or which result in the loss or corruption of data acquired.
5.6 Any decision of The Organizers with respect to any promotional aspect shall be deemed final and irrevocable.
5.7 The Organizers shall not be responsible for any delay or inability to perform its obligations as a result of any interference, act, omission, event or circumstance beyond its reasonable control (for example due to war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, including natural disasters, computer virus, bugs, tampering,, unauthorized intervention, technical issues or anything that may affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the Contest).
5.8 In addition, The Organizers reserves the right, at its sole discretion and as permitted by law, to (a) disqualify any participant responsible for interference and/or (b) with the consent of the competent authorities, to modify, suspend or cancel this initiative.
5.9 These rules are prepared in accordance with Meghalaya law. The Contest is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Meghalaya courts.